Department for Culture Media and Sport
DCMS recognises the important contribution that the arts make to the UK economy, and represents their interests across government.
We work to:
- develop relationships with representative bodies and important organisations to discuss issues affecting the industry, from training to ticket touting
- monitor the impact of any economic change on the arts, including participation and attendance
- work with the business sector to encourage philanthropic giving to the arts world
- support the industry by working with Arts Council England to increase attendance at artistic events
- identify issues that limit economic and artistic growth and work with the industry to overcome them
Read more about our work in the creative industries.