Department for Culture Media and Sport
- DCMS works to make sure the communications, creative, media, cultural, tourism, sport and leisure economies have the framework to grow and have real impact on people’s lives.
- We create the conditions for growth by removing barriers, providing strategic direction and supporting innovation and creativity.
- Through DCMS, the public funds: our cultural heritage, free access to world-class cultural institutions, art that challenges and provokes, the BBC, the sporting stars of the future. We want everyone to be able to enjoy our national culture, play sport and have access to effective communications.
- We lead on issues relating to women, sexual orientation and transgender equality matters.
- We are accountable to Parliament and the public for getting value from the money we spend and the work that we do.
We are responsible for Government policy on:>
Our responsibilities also include listing of historic buildings, scheduling of ancient monuments, export licensing of cultural goods and management of the Government Art Collection. The Royal Parks Agency is an agency of DCMS.
We work jointly with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) on design issues, including sponsorship of the Design Council, and on relations with the computer games and publishing industries.